1. The information we collect
CDFA or its agents may record or photograph various activities of CDFA such as workshops, conferences and other events. Images of the people attending or participating in our activities may be used and shown in our resources and for other promotional, sales and fund raising purposes. By attending any CDFA workshops, conferences and other events you agree to CDFA using your image in these recordings and photographs.
CDFA will only collect personal information about you that is needed for membership, conference, workshop and event registration, to provide resources, goods and services and to answer your enquiries.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection.
CDFA will do our best to ensure the information we collect from you is relevant, up to date and complete;
Users can generally visit CDFA website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. CDFA will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
2. How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your membership or other involvement with CDFA, including providing you with newsletters;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from CDFA;
- to answer your enquiry;
- to register you for conferences, workshops or events;
- to assist us to make CDFA's sites, services and products more valuable to our community;
- for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate CDFA and provide the resources or services you have requested.
CDFA will take reasonable care to check that your information is accurate, up to date and complete, before using it.
3. Access to your information
CDFA will provide you with access to your personal information subject to restrictions in other government legislation. You may request access to the personal information that CDFA holds about you by contacting CDFA's National Coordinator as set out below.
CDFA update and amend our records of your personal information when you request such amendment;
CDFA may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
CDFA will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, CDFA cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
6. Contacting us